Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Safari Faerie


It's Sunday, August 22nd, 2010, in Waco, Texas. The challenge? Look good; Look different; Don't die from heat stroke. It's just the three in combination with the dress code that are difficult, because the not dying of heat stroke part could be easily accomplished nude while still looking good and different from pretty much everyone (with the possible exception of Lady Gaga on holiday). Since I dressed in pretty bright colors yesterday, I didn't want to go too bright today. I chose some more earthy shades, but still richly saturated colors. The silhouette of the oufit as well as the leopard in the scarf and the tribal print on the shirt reminded me of a safari.
Skirt: Josephine Chaus
Shirt: Norton McNaughton
Scarf: Los Angeles Chinatown vendor
Belt: Guess? U.S.A.
Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction
Bracelet: Ella Bella
Necklaces: Acquired as Gifts
 I like my makeup bright. As Barry M is so fond of saying, "wake up your makeup." If I'm going to wear makeup, I'm not going to try to make myself look like I'm not.
Face: Covergirl Liquid Foundation,
Clinique Cover-up
Eyes: Barry M Dazzle Dust in Gold
Barry M Dazzle Dust in Lime Green
Barry M Dazzle Dust in Parrot Green
Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara in Black
Lips: (not shown in the photos, but I put it on later and it was perfect!)
Clinique Lipgloss in Fireberry
Hair: Starfish Barette made by me

Best of Love and Luck!
-Lovely

0 comments:

Post a Comment