Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fiesta Rainbow

     I would like to take this moment to express just how much I miss Mexican food. I mean real Los Angeles Mexican food--and yes, I'm aware that Los Angeles is not Mexico, but damn does a plate of carnitas and tacos de lengua from Tacos La Estrella in Highland Park hit the spot!
     One would think that the Mexican food in Texas would be just as good as the Mexican food in California, but No, Siree, you are gravely mistaken. Mex-Mex food is tres hard to find in a place overcome by the dreadful invention of Tex-Mex. Now, I have nothing against food genres that rhyme in general, and there are some good things that have come of large numbers of Germans and Mexicans congregating in the same space (such as the polka, for example), but Tex-Mex is not one of those good things. I'm not gonna go pointing fingers at specific restaurants, but fabulous decor will only get you so far in running a Mexican restaurant if you don't carry horchata. I've already had to start carrying my own chopsticks to local Asian restaurants (Chinese and Vietnamese, namely)--do I have to bring my Klass horchata mix to Mexican restaurants, as well? Okay, enough spoiled food princess (that's "spoiled princess of food," by the way, not "princess of spoiled food..." euch) for today.

     Today's outfit was not inspired by a Fiesta Rainbow--it really can't have been, since I've never seen a rainbow while attending a fiesta, at least not so as I can recall--but among the odd comments I recieved today (they're different every day, although there are always the classic "what's the occasion?" and "why are you dressed up like this?") were two "Festive!"s and at least three "Fiesta!"s. Who knew?
Did you ever see a lassie go this way and that way and this way and that way?
Did you ever see a lassie go this way and that?

This reminds me of The Girl With the Pearl Earring. Except, like, The Girl With the Pheasant and Grapes in Her Hair.

Tom, don't look at me like that. You'd have done it, too!

I carry my own chopsticks (because that's totally relevant to this photograph).


SQUAWK!!

Para bailar la Bamba, se necesita una poca de gracia.
  • Crocheted Dress from Monrovia street fair
  • yellow-green gradient tights from Target
  • Rainbow hair extension from Vivid Vivka on Etsy
  • Yellow feather barette, grapes barette made by me (with help from Joann's and Michaels)
  • Birds and flowers from Joann's and Michaels
  • Airborne Unicorn lipstick from Lime Crime
  • Orange dazzledust from Barry M.
Love,
Lovely Wednesday

0 comments:

Post a Comment