Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Radioactive

Dear Readers,
I did my hair!!!
I was going to do the roots blue, so I bleached my roots first... and then I like it so much that I decided to put the blue on the bottom instead. I used Splat! Blue Envy, and did it myself in the bathroom between 12am and 2am Saturday night. I am in love with my hair right now. In LOVE. Maybe platonic, maybe heavily sexual. :P You decide.

Both the shirt and the sandals are beautiful hand-me-downs from Queen Maryjean, circa 1980s I think.


The lace skirt I made myself, without a pattern, on the spur of the moment because I was motivated to sew and the fabric I wanted to use for a shirt needed to be washed first. My Bernina wouldn't take to one layer of the lace, so the gathering had to be done by hand. The raw edges are finished with a zig-zag, but it's polyester and I'm not really worried about fraying. The scallops were on both selvedges, the fabric was 60" wide, and I had 2 yards of it, so I cut it in half lengthwise and sewed it together to make 4 yards of fullness, gathered the raw edge by hand, and top-stitched it to a crushed velvet waistband--not the best choice without interfacing, but it was what I had laying around, and it works fine. Plus, it's super comfy and has stretch. I sewed in a flat hook and eye on the waistband, and a set of snaps on the opening in the lace. It could use another snap, but it's not a huge deal. I mean... it's a lace skirt, I'm not exactly worried about people seeing through a tiny opening.


Locket ring from Starlight Jewelry (I think?) on Etsy.


Lying on a fake beach
You'll never get a tan
Baby I'm gonna leave you drowning until you reach for my hand.

In the night your heart is full and by the morning empty
But baby I'm the one who left you, you're not the one who left me.


I love the yellow-blonde of my roots. However, trust me, blonde looks terrible on me as an all-over thing. 
I look crazy pink in the worst of ways. With blue ends? Not so!


When you're around me, I'm radioactive
My blood is burning, radioactive
I'm turning radioactive
My blood is radioactive
My heart is nuclear
Love is all that I fear
I'm turning radioactive
My blood is radioactive


This beautiful black velvet blouse zips up the back, and the neckline is decorated with hand-sewn imitation pearls and rhinestones. I feel like a princess going around in this!


Waiting for the nightfall, for my heart to light up
Oh baby I want you to die for, for you to die for my love.


Thank you for reading, mes amis. 
The lyrics (captions that are not my commentary) are taken from Marina and the Diamonds' song Radioactive. Marina is a wonderful beautiful artist and woman, and that's all I have to say. An added note, don't worry, the lyrics are not descriptive of my relationship right now, although I have in the past connected with this song. Right now, I just really admire her as an artist, and Radioactive seemed an appropriate name for this hair-based outfit post separate from the song. <3

All my love,
Lovely Wednesday

0 comments:

Post a Comment